The Most Common Toothache Causes
It’s National Toothache Day! And for those of us who have experienced a toothache, it’s safe to say that it’s not something to celebrate over. Toothaches can cause throbbing, swelling around the tooth and even a headache, in more severe cases. So what is it that cause this troublesome dental problem? Here are a few of the most common toothache causes.
Common Toothache Causes:
- Tooth Decay – Cavities are probably the most common reason why people experience tooth pain. The decay can affect the outer layer of your tooth (your enamel), leaving you with a sensitive tooth.
- Abscessed Tooth – Abscessed teeth are painful infections of the root of the tooth. This is often a result of trauma to the tooth (such as chips), gingivitis, or gum disease.
- Tooth Fracture – Fractured teeth are usually due to a trauma. Whether a chip or crack, these fractures can lead to serious tooth pain.
- A Damaged Filling – If your cavity’s filling becomes damaged, you may experience tooth pain. A dentist can help you repair your damaged filling.
- Grinding Teeth – Do you grind your teeth at night? This extra pressure can leave you with a serious headache in the morning — not to mention, grinding also wears away at your tooth enamel
- Infected Gums – Red, inflamed gums? This can cause a toothache — or it may be caused by another dental problem.
If you are suffering from a toothache, do not hesitate to reach out to our office to schedule an appointment. Our team is here to help you correct any dental health problems so that you feel better and have confidence in a beautiful smile. Give a call at 203-254-3780 to schedule an appointment.
Follow us on social media for more tips and tricks to keep your smile healthy and beautiful!
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter
ADD us on Google+
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel