Ways To Prevent Tooth Decay
Did you know that acids in your food could be eating away at your teeth? According to Web MD, tooth decay can be defined as the destruction of the tooth structure, in both the enamel and dentin layer of the tooth. Fortunately, we specialize in Preventative Dentistry at Fairfield Dental Arts. Below are some steps you can take to prevent tooth decay.
Preventing Tooth Decay
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes twice a day with a fluoride based toothpaste. It is important to brush after every meal and before bed.
- Eat a balanced diet and cut down on sugary snacks.
- Limit the amount of carbohydrates you eat.
- Drink fluoridated water. Children should drink a pint of fluoridated water a day to prevent tooth decay.
- Floss at least once a day.
Of course, the best thing you can do to prevent tooth decay is visit the dentist every 6 months for a dental check-up. We offer Saturday and evening appointments, for your convenience. Call 203-254-3780 and we’ll give you a reason to smile!
Web Source: http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/tooth-decay-prevention