How to Budget for Braces
A straighter smile can improve your confidence and oral health, but we also know that they can be an investment for families — especially those with several kids! Orthodontic treatments can be tough for families to afford. These tips will help you budget for braces.
How to Budget for Braces:
- Speak with Your Insurance Provider. If you have health or dental insurance, check with your provider. Your insurance company may cover a portion of a dependent’s orthodontic treatment. Be sure to ask about the percentage of the orthodontic treatment that they will cover and if there is a lifetime maximum that they will cover per child.
- Look for Tax Deductions. If your child’s orthodontic treatment is medically necessary, you may qualify for a tax rebate.
- Look Into Payment Plans Credit cards and financing options may be available to you. This is a great way to spread out the cost of your orthodontic braces.
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account. Check with your employer to see if they offer flexible spending accounts. The money you put in this account is not taxed, which means that you get more value out of your dollars!
- Check to See If You Qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid may cover part of your orthodontic treatment if you qualify and it is deemed medically necessary. You can learn more about Medicaid here.
If you or your child needs braces, don’t hesitate to reach out to our office. Dr. Iaropoli is fully trained to handle comprehensive orthodontics for the whole family, including Invisalign! Give a call at 203-254-3780 to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Follow us on social media for more tips and tricks to keep your smile healthy and beautiful!
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter
ADD us on Google+
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel