What to Do When You Lose a Tooth
Accidents happen — and it’s important to be prepared. In the unfortunate event you find yourself with a missing tooth, here are the steps that you should take.
What to Do When You Lose a Tooth:
- Grab the tooth by the crown (not the root).
- Try to place the tooth back in your mouth. Bit down gently on gauze to keep it in place. Be careful not to swallow the tooth.
- If the tooth cannot be place back, place the tooth in a container and cover it with whole milk or saliva.
- Apply a cold compress to the mouth and gums to ease the pain.
- Visit the dentist right away.
With immediate dental care, you can avoid infection and pain. In many cases, you will even be able to save the tooth.
While restoring your natural tooth is always our number one priority, we also offer restorative options like dental implants and bridges to help restore the functionality and aesthetics of your smile.
If you have any questions about emergency dental care or restorative dental options, call 203-254-3780 to contact our office or visit our website for more information on the different treatments and services that we offer at Fairfield Dental Arts.
Follow us on social media for more tips and tricks to keep your smile healthy and beautiful!
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter
ADD us on Google+
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel