Ways to Prevent Gum Disease
Gum disease, or periodontal disease, is an infection of the gums. It can make your gums feel sore and irritated. Luckily, there are steps you can take to prevent gum disease. Following the tips below will also help you improve your oral health.
- Do not put pressure on your gums when brushing. Instead, brush lightly with a soft bristle toothbrush.
- An electric toothbrush can also help prevent gum disease because it prevents plaque buildup.
- Be sure to keep your mouth clean after eating.
- Incorporate vitamin C and calcium into your diet. It will help your teeth fend off bacteria.
- Use a fluoride based toothpaste. It will prevent tooth decay and cavities from forming.
- Stop plaque in its tracks by using an anti-microbial mouth rinse.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year for a dental cleaning.
If you are looking for a comprehensive dental practice in Fairfield, turn to Fairfield Dental Arts. Your dental health is our first priority. We have caring and gentle dental hygienists who will help you prevent dental problems with regular cleanings. Call 203-254-3780 to schedule an appointment.
Web Source: http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Gum-Disease-Problems