Tips That Will Help You Reduce Tooth Sensitivity
Do you experience tooth sensitivity when you eat something cold or hot? If so, you might be wondering what causes this. That is a very good question! We are here to answer that question and set the record straight.
What Causes Tooth Sensitivity
You will experience sensitive teeth when your gums retract and expose the underlying surface, dentin. Dentin is filled with tubes that lead to a tooth’s nerve center. When dentin is exposed to hot or cold food, it can now make contact with your tooth’s nerve. This accounts for the pain or discomfort you are feeling.
Ways To Reduce Tooth Sensitivity
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Floss once a day.
- Wearing a mouth guard at night can prevent you from grinding your teeth.
- Purchase a toothpaste that caters to people with sensitive teeth.
- Steer clear of foods and drinks that are acidic.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year.
Are you experiencing tooth sensitivity? Don’t suffer in silence. Instead, turn to the team of professionals at Fairfield Dental Arts. We can determine the cause of your discomfort and suggest possible treatments. Call 203-254-3780 today to request an appointment. We even have Saturday and evening appointments for your convenience.
Web Source: http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/tooth-sensitivity