The Differences Between Braces and Invisalign
Over the years, there have been a lot of technological advances in the field of dentistry. In particular, the orthodontic field experienced a big shift from traditional braces to Invisalign. Which one is right for you–braces or Invisalign? We are here to help you narrow it down.
Benefits of Invisalign
- You can remove Invisalign whenever you’d like. This is especially convenient for eating and drinking. Braces, on the other hand, do not have this luxury. This is due to the fact that braces are secured to your teeth and may prevent you from eating certain foods.
- Invisalign is not as painful as braces. Braces contain metal brackets that that press against the inside of the lips, cheeks and tongue.
- There is also an aesthetic benefit associated with Invisalign. Since they are clear, other people may not even notice it!
Benefits of Braces
- Braces work better on turning or rotating cylindrical teeth. Invisalign does not accommodate turning teeth well.
- Braces are also better at accomplishing vertical movements.
- If you need to shift back teeth or straighten a cross bite, traditional braces can get the job done right.
At Fairfield Dental Arts, we are proud to offer both of these services. We are fully trained and equipped to handle complex and minor orthodontic needs for adults and children. If you are interested in braces or Invisalign, call 203-254-3780 today to schedule an appointment.
Web Source: http://arlingtontexasdentist.net/invisalign-vs-braces-top-10-differences/