New Year’s Resolutions for a Healthier Smile
It’s that time of year again–time to make new years resolutions! This year, we encourage you to make resolutions that pertain to your dental health. Not sure what you need to do to maintain a healthier smile? Below are some tooth friendly resolutions.
- Go to the dentist at least twice a year. A dental cleaning can remove the plaque that is lingering between your teeth. Best of all, your dentist will be able to address dental issues and nip them in the bud.
- Most people brush their teeth twice a day. However, many people forget or choose not to floss. It is important to floss your teeth once a day. Doing so can remove pieces of food that get stuck between your teeth.
- Smoking is detrimental to your overall health as well as your dental health. According to the CDC, smoking cigarettes doubles your risk for gum disease. If you are a smoker, now is the time to quit.
- Some people say that they have a sweet tooth. This is no excuse for loading up on sweets. Cutting back on the amount of sugar in your diet can decrease the likelihood of tooth decay.
- Many people vow to eat healthier in the new year. Consider eating foods that are good for your overall health as well as your dental health. Dairy products that are rich in calcium can strengthen your teeth.
To schedule a cleaning at Fairfield Dental Arts, call 203-254-3780.
Web Source: http://www.colgate.
com/en/us/oc/oral-health/life- stages/adult-oral-care/ article/sw-281474979357173