Dental Health Tips For Children
National Children’s Dental Health Month is almost over. At Fairfield Dental Arts, we realize how important it is to teach young children about their dental health. Below are some dental health tips that children can incorporate into their daily routine.
- Give your children a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Remind your children to brush their teeth in the morning and again before bedtime.
- Children who are 3 or younger should have a rice-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Children between the ages of 3 and 6 should have a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- They should never swallow toothpaste. Instead, they should spit it out and rinse with water.
- Children can begin flossing around the age of 4.
- Flossing once a day can help remove plaque from teeth.
- Make sure your children are drinking enough fluoridated water throughout the day.
- Encourage your children to eat a well-balanced diet. It will only strengthen their teeth.
- Stay away from foods that are sugary. After all, sugar can linger on teeth and cause cavities.
We hope that the tips above help. Looking for a more permanent solution for your child’s dental health? Make sure your children visit the dentist at least twice a year. Fairfield Dental Arts can provide comprehensive dental services for your entire family. Call 203-254-3780 to request an appointment.
Web Source: http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-health/life-stages/childrens-oral-care/article/oral-health-for-children