Common Causes of Yellow Teeth
Throughout the course of a day, your teeth go through a lot. It is no secret that certain behaviors can stain your teeth yellow. Below are some of the most common causes of yellowing teeth.
- They say you are what you eat. The foods and beverages you consume can stain your teeth. In particular, coffee, tea, soda, wine, apples, and potatoes have been known to leave their mark on your teeth.
- Smoking is detrimental to your health. It can also take it’s toll on your teeth. Even chewing tobacco can stain your teeth.
- If you do not brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day, your dental hygiene will suffer. Plaque that lingers in your mouth can cause your teeth to turn yellow.
- Getting the right amount of fluoride is beneficial to your dental health. However, consuming too much fluoride can actually cause discoloration.
- As you age, the enamel on your teeth also ages. Overtime, the outer layer of enamel naturally weakens. This can expose the dentin part of the tooth; which is yellow.
If you have yellow stained teeth and want to do something about it, turn to Fairfield Dental Arts. We have two whitening procedures– One-Hour In-Office ZOOM Whitening treatment and an At-Home Whitening System. With the ZOOM Whitening treatment, you will get a brighter, whiter smile in one session. The at-home whitening treatment allows you to whiten your teeth from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Call 203-254-3780 to learn more about these procedures.
Web Source: http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/tooth-discoloration