Planning a summer vacation? You’ll want to make sure that you keep your teeth healthy on-the-go. Here are a few tooth-friendly travel tips to help you keep your teeth healthy while you’re away on summer vacation.
Tooth-Friendly Travel Tips:
- Be Mindful of What You Eat – Whether you’re running to the airport or hopping in the car, it can be hard to eat healthy on vacation. Instead of grabbing a bite at the airport, put a healthy snack in your bag. You’ll save money AND keep your teeth healthy.
- Stay Hydrated – Are you traveling anywhere tropical? Make sure that you stay hydrated!
- Take Care of Your Travel Toothbrush – Protect your travel toothbrush when you are on vacation! You want to make sure that you don’t expose the bristles to an unclean area that has dirt or debris — like the bottom of an unclean travel case.
- Protect Your Toothpaste, Too – Just as you should make sure that your toothbrush is clean, you’ll want to make sure that you protect your toothpaste, too. Caps can fall off or get lost in a hotel bathroom. Be mindful and avoid germs.
- Chew Gum When Flying – Chewing gum is known to be a great way to keep your ears from popping on flights — but be sure to choose xylitol gum. This chewing gum actually prevents bacteria from growing on your teeth!
If you have any questions about how to keep your teeth healthy while traveling this summer, do not hesitate to contact our office to schedule an appointment by calling 203-254-3780.
Follow us on social media for more tips and tricks to keep your smile healthy and beautiful!
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter
ADD us on Google+
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel