Spring is in full swing! That can only mean one thing–people are starting to make spring cleaning checklists. Most of the time, people limit their checklists to household chores. Do you need to clean up your dental health routine? Find out what you can do this season to get your pearly whites in tip top shape.
- If you haven’t scheduled your first dental appointment of 2016, now is the time to do it! A dental cleaning will help you spring forward.
- It is no secret that smoking is bad for your overall health, as well as your dental health. Smokers should do their best to kick the habit.
- The weather is finally starting to get warmer. When the weather is nice, exercise outdoors. After all, physical activity is good for your dental health.
- Make sure that you are brushing your teeth with a toothpaste that contains fluoride. It is also a good idea to drink fluoridated water.
- Most people know that they should brush their teeth twice a day. However, you should also floss and use a mouthwash rinse once a day.
Is a dental cleaning on your spring cleaning to-do list? If so, turn to Fairfield Dental Arts! We are a leading comprehensive dental practice in Fairfield County. We can provide preventative dental care to your entire family. Call 203-254-3780 to request an appointment.
Web Source: https://www.dentalhealth.org/blog/blogdetails/49
Maintaining good dental health is important at any age. This is especially true for seniors. As the body ages, your teeth may become weaker. Below are some tips that will help seniors care for their teeth.
Use A Fluoride Toothpaste or Mouth Rinse
Fluoride is good for your teeth! However, some seniors do not get enough fluoride. To prevent this, be sure to use a fluoride toothpaste or mouth rinse.
Stay Away From Tobacco Products
It is not a secret that tobacco is bad for your overall health. It is especially harmful to your teeth. If you are a senior who smokes or chews tobacco, now is the time to quit.
Drink Plenty Of Water
Seniors are more susceptible to dry mouth, especially if they are on multiple medications. To prevent or reverse dry mouth, drink plenty of water throughout the day. It will also help prevent dehydration!
It is common for seniors to have missing teeth. Are you one of them? If so, dental implants can make you feel confident about your smile again. At Fairfield Dental Arts, we specialize in dental implants. As a Prosthodontist with extensive Post-Graduate Training and Certification in Implant Dentistry, Dr. Iaropoli is highly skilled in replacing missing teeth with dental implants. Give us a call at 203-254-3780 to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Web Source: http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-health/life-stages/oral-care-age-55-up/article/sw-281474979063183