It’s that time of year again–time to make new years resolutions! This year, we encourage you to make resolutions that pertain to your dental health. Not sure what you need to do to maintain a healthier smile? Below are some tooth friendly resolutions for 2016.
- Go to the dentist at least twice a year. A dental cleaning can remove the plaque that is lingering between your teeth. Best of all, your dentist will be able to address dental issues and nip them in the bud.
- Most people brush their teeth twice a day. However, many people forget or choose not to floss. It is important to floss your teeth once a day. Doing so can remove pieces of food that get stuck between your teeth.
- Smoking is detrimental to your overall health as well as your dental health. According to the CDC, smoking cigarettes doubles your risk for gum disease. If you are a smoker, now is the time to quit.
- Some people say that they have a sweet tooth. This is no excuse for loading up on sweets. Cutting back on the amount of sugar in your diet can decrease the likelihood of tooth decay.
- Many people vow to eat healthier in the new year. Consider eating foods that are good for your overall health as well as your dental health. Dairy products that are rich in calcium can strengthen your teeth.
Is 2016 the year you get pearly whites in better shape? If so, turn to Fairfield Dental Arts. We look forward to helping you achieve and maintain optimal oral health, proper dental function, and an aesthetically pleasing smile. To schedule a cleaning at Fairfield Dental Arts, call 203-254-3780.
Web Source: http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-health/life-stages/adult-oral-care/article/sw-281474979357173
Very few people are experts on oral health. Do you have unanswered questions about your oral health? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Keep reading to get some answers.
1. Are dental X-rays safe?
There are concerns about the safety of dental X-rays. After all, they can expose you to radiation. Luckily, the amount of radiation involved in a dental X-ray is a very small amount. Advancements in technology have made dental X-rays much safer.
2. How can I overcome my fear of the dentist?
At Fairfield Dental Arts, we understand that some people have a fear of the dentist. Our goal is to help you overcome that fear with our sedation dentistry services. We provide Conscious Sedation to those patients who are truly most afraid of the dentist.
3. What is the best toothpaste for me?
We get this question quite a lot at Fairfield Dental Arts. After all, choosing the right toothpaste is important! There are so many toothpastes on the market to choose from. We suggest choosing a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
Going to the dentist twice a year for dental cleanings can help you maintain your dental health. We look forward to helping you achieve and maintain optimal oral health, proper dental function, and an aesthetically pleasing smile. To schedule a cleaning at Fairfield Dental Arts, call 203-254-3780 to make an appointment.
Web Source: http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/dental-health-faq