Summer Tooth Whitening Foods:
- Oranges – Citrus fruits cause your mouth to produce more saliva, which cleans your teeth naturally! Just be careful — too much acidity can damage your tooth enamel.
- Pineapples – Pineapples naturally contain an anti-inflammatory compound that can help remove stains. It’s the same ingredient that is found in stain-removing toothpaste!
- Strawberries – This smile brightening summer fruit might come as a surprise. Although strawberries will stain your white summer tee, they could actually help brighten your smile. Strawberries contain an enzyme known as malic acid that can help remove surface stains.
- Broccoli – This high fiber vegetable can help reduce inflammation in your mouth (and the rest of your body). Adding raw broccoli to your next salad can help clean and polish your teeth. The iron in broccoli can also protect your teeth against acid that degrades your tooth enamel.
- Cheese – Cheese contains minerals, like calcium and phosphorus, that help keep your teeth strong!
Remember to stay hydrated this summer too! Water can help keep stains off of your teeth.
If you have any questions about how to care for your teeth or you’re looking for a teeth whitening service, contact our office. We can help you determine the right option for your smile needs. Call 203-254-3780 to contact our office or visit our website for more information on the different treatments and services that we offer at Fairfield Dental Arts.
Follow us on social media for more tips and tricks to keep your smile healthy and beautiful!
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter
ADD us on Google+
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel